Next to Maharaja’s palace we find the ruins of Pari Mahal, “the fairies abode”, upon the mountain slope. It is situated to the west of Cheshma Shah, and a ruined garden palace. The construction of this palace is ascribed to Dara Shikoh, who was beheaded in 1659 by Aurangzeb. The garden consists of six terraces, with atotal length of about 400 feet. The width of the terraces varies from 197 feet to 205 feet.
Pari Mahal is surrounded by gardens.
In the uppermost terrace are the ruins of two structures, a baradhari, facing the lake, and a water reservoir, built against the mountain side. The reservoir was fed by a spring which has since gone dry. In the middle of the second terrace exactly in front of the baradhari is a large tank with brick sides measuring 36′-6″ by 26′-6″.
The third terrace is quite an interesting part of the garden. The entrance arched in front and behind with a central domed chamber, is in the middle of the east. It is painted with white plaster. On either side of it are a few large rooms, one of which appears to have been a hammam. Its interior is most decorated. On the south of the entrance are a few other chambers.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?